Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, March 09, 2013

    Lovely Buttery Veges, Well Seasoned, some Water and Voila Summer Green Soup

    It’s Sunday, I decided that I didn’t want to go to the supermarket.
    End of week… so use up vege in the fridge
    I was reading Nigel Slater’s Kitchen Diaries and he is inspirational,
    It was his phrase, “There’s something jolly about peas boiling”

    I just got up, mid sentence
    I knew I had frozen peas, then
    Looked in the fridge and I have made the “bestest” soup

    2 tablespoon butter
    1 med potato chopped
    3 spring onions chopped
    3 courgettes chopped
    1 cup frozen peas
    1 tablespoon Vegeta vegetable stock
    8-10 mint leaves
    Salt, freshly ground black pepper  and a pinch of sugar

    Sauté potatoes in butter
    Add Vegeta and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
    Stir make sure well covered in the melted butter

    Add a little water and let reduce for about 5 minutes
    Add courgettes, spring onions

    Sauté again about 5 minutes

    Add peas, sauté about 5 minutes
    Add enough water, just to cover
    Add sugar,
    Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary
    Bring to boil and simmer about 10 minutes
    Add chopped mint


    This was so good, it’s a keeper, will make it again

    No comments: