Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, March 09, 2013

    Lovely Buttery Veges, Well Seasoned, some Water and Voila Summer Green Soup


    It’s Sunday, I decided that I didn’t want to go to the supermarket.
    End of week… so use up vege in the fridge
    I was reading Nigel Slater’s Kitchen Diaries and he is inspirational,
    It was his phrase, “There’s something jolly about peas boiling”

    I just got up, mid sentence
    I knew I had frozen peas, then
    Looked in the fridge and I have made the “bestest” soup


    2 tablespoon butter
    1 med potato chopped
    3 spring onions chopped
    3 courgettes chopped
    1 cup frozen peas
    1 tablespoon Vegeta vegetable stock
    Water
    8-10 mint leaves
    Salt, freshly ground black pepper  and a pinch of sugar



    Sauté potatoes in butter
    Add Vegeta and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
    Stir make sure well covered in the melted butter

    Add a little water and let reduce for about 5 minutes
    Add courgettes, spring onions

    Sauté again about 5 minutes

    Add peas, sauté about 5 minutes
    Add enough water, just to cover
    Add sugar,
    Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary
    -->
    Bring to boil and simmer about 10 minutes
    Add chopped mint
    Blitz

    Serve

    This was so good, it’s a keeper, will make it again





    No comments: