Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 13, 2014

    Pizza at it's Homemade Best

    I decided to repost this Pizza recipe, as the other day I made some wonderful Pizza Bread
    It is really simple and perfect to having with lovely comforting soup with this miserable weather we are having here in Auckland.
    When I looked for this post for the recipe, I noticed there were the photos of our time on the boat.
    Definitely worth a re-post
    Wonderful Summer weather.
    Not too far away...only a couple of months...oh maybe 3
    So here we go
    Hi my first post for 2008 
    This my version for the easiest So Simple Pizza
    We are still on board Cajun Moon where we have spending the last month in the sunny and not so sunny (as it turned out this year) Jewel of the North Whangaroa Harbour. A beautiful and unique place.

    How's this for a sunset?
    But back to Pizza
    Step by step
    You don’t have to get up at the crack of dawn for this bread
    Max time: 1 hour 15 minutes... from whoa to go
    I have this down to a fine art and feel really confident that anybody could get the same results.
    i.e. to get the water to the correct hand hot temp 2/3 cold water 1/3 just boiled water.
    This is the right temp for our granddaughter’s mouth and perfect for bread making
    You learn something everyday

    ! cup high grade flour (if you have Italian 00 more’s the better)
    1 pkt 8g dry yeast
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon salt

    Approx 100 mls warm water prepare 200 mls just in case…some days it may take more
    It’s important that the dough is not dry

    Place flour in a large bowl
    Add sugar, yeast and salt
    (making sure the salt and yeast are not together
    Salt kills yeast)
    So add about 100 mls of water and mix till the dough comes clear of the bowl
    Turn out onto floured board and knead about 1-2 minutes
    Till dough is smooth
    Place back into the bowl which you have oiled and toss around to coat the dough
    Cover with tea towel or plastic wrap.
    Leave till doubled in size about 30 minutes to an hour depending on the temperature
    Pull away from sides of bowl


    Turn back onto floured board and knead it well about another minute
    Flour the rolling pin and roll into shape and place in oiled pizza pan
    Now I do have a stone and a peel on board
    and they have been well used, particularly by our son when he is on board but I think to myself… the pizza shop guys use these pans…why not me.
    I sit the pan on the stone though to get maximum heat
    On this occasion I just wanted to make pizza bread so I brushed an excellent olive oil
    Over the top
    Into a very hot oven and it should take anywhere around 10 minutes

    It doesn’t need to be brown that makes it too crispy this is just perfect
    Sliced into 6 pieces and served it with some beautiful tomatoes seasoned with sea salt and pepper and a drizzle of the good extra virgin olive oil
    Some nice soft Castello cheese white and blue. Glass of crisp white wine.Lunch fit for a king.
    To make Garlic Pizza Bread
    Before you place it in the oven make a paste
    Using 2 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
    A slosh of olive oil
    Sprinkle with sea salt
    Again about 8-10 minutes in a very hot oven
    Perfect to have with anything really


    Of course most times we add toppings.
    This pizza I topped just simply with
    Fresh tomato sliced
    Spring onion chopped
    Grated cheese (your choice...this was a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
    3-4 artichoke hearts
    And few dashes of hot chilli sauce

    It's so good I am going to make it again today

    9 comments:

    Barbara said...

    Looks great Gilli. THanks for joining HHDD.

    FH said...

    I agree.I just posted homemade Calzones too! Pizza from scratch are the best! Have a great weekend Gilli.

    My comments are open now, you can visit there!:))

    Lisa Johnson said...

    Happy 2008 Gilli! That sunset is so beautiful! And so is your pizza! ; )

    Anonymous said...

    anali
    Thank you...that harbour is a stunning place

    Anonymous said...

    How wonderful to be cooking and eating pizza on a boat with such a glorious view! :)

    Thanks for joining HHDD...your pizza looks delicious!

    Katie Zeller said...

    I want that pan! I have a new mission...to find a pan like that!
    Lovely pizza, beautiful sunset! It makes me really miss boating...

    Anonymous said...

    joey glad you like the look of the pizza...it is so simple!!!

    Katie
    I think I bought the pan at a local kitchen shop if you can't find one in France let me know I'll send you one... the boating has been fab...now at the beach...the best ever summer

    John and JT said...

    Sounds Yummy: The Yaymacs

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks Yaymacs
    Must catch up soon!!!