Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 27, 2009

    Gladstone Road Parnell Take Out - Bring Home -Perfect

    There is always those nights when you can't be bothered to cook.
    That doesn't happen to me a lot as I love to cook, but sometimes I want someone to cook for me.
    Just a 2 minutes trip in the car and I am at the Gladstone Road shopping centre.

    We are blessed with John the Butcher, John The Greengrocer/Deli,
    John the Wine Shop, a neat little convenience store,
    Catch a Fish Takeaways and the Lady Pharmacists.
    Can't get much better than that.
    We dined like Kings.

    Fresh Snapper and Golden Chips.
    Crisp batter, fish so fresh, nice fat chips. Yum
    Next down to John The Greengrocer/Deli.
    Beautiful strawberries...have to have some of those.
    Look in his freezer. Oh My God Omaha Beach Organic Berry Ice Cream...Strawberry no less.
    Into the Convenience Store
    They had on the counter. Honey from Warkworth.
    Strawberry Honey. Yes! dessert!
    It was a marvelous meal. Thank God for Local Produce and our Local Shops.

    2 comments:

    Barbara said...

    I miss my fav Auckland foodie spots. Gold Coast a bit behind deli wise. Local deli worker didn't know what Jamon was.Deli now closed for lack of support. I wonder why? Quite a good one a few K's drive down Ferry Rd I go to for supplies when I want something special. Just heard of a French bakery 10K from here I'll check out.

    So So Simple said...

    Pity you have to drive so far for the French Bakery items but of course for us girls... anything for food really!