Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 17, 2013

    Best Carrot Soup - My New Version


    I moved away from my normal Carrot Soup, today.
    Saturday Lunch
    Of course I was clearing out the fridge as I do, you know Waste Not Want Not


    I had 3 sticks celery
    4 large carrots
    1 red chili
    2 small onions
    2 cloves garlic
    1 courgette

    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon Chicken stock powder
    About 6 leaves of mint

    1/2 orange juiced
    70 gms butter

    Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

    The Coconut Oil, Mint and Chili were ingredients, I don't normally add to my Carrot soup 
    but Wow... which extra addition made it special, I'm not sure but it was just divine

    I think the addition of that extra chili and the mint at the last moment, really enhanced the flavours
    By the way it wasn't hot, just flavourful
    Will make this again

    Gluten free of course…plus using the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil was an added extra, not only tasty but also very good for you
    It will pass the Health Food Police
    Just don't mention the butter!!!

    I’ve started blitzing the vege for my soups and meat sauces recently, particularly good if you want to slip added vege, to hide from kids.

    Method
    So I melted the butter in a pot
    In the food processor I added
    2 cloves of garlic chopped
    Onions chopped
    Celery chopped
    Courgette chopped

    Whiz them up and add to pan
    Season with S & P
    Sauté till just soft

    Meanwhile chop carrots and half of the chili
    Add to food processor and whiz up
    Add to pot

    Season with chicken stock powder
    Add orange juice
    Stir and sauté for a few minutes

    Cover with hot water and bring to a simmer
    Simmer for about 15 minutes

    Just before serving
    Add Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Chop the mint leaves and the rest of the chili

    Pour soup into blender
    Add mint and chili
    Blitz to smooth
    Taste and adjust seasoning if needed
    If it too thick just add a little extra hot water

    I served with Cheese scones
    Hot from the oven


    Time to go shopping and fill the fridge again

    Yum





    No comments: