Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 31, 2017

    Simple Chicken Soup - Cost Virtually nothing - Waste Not Want Not

    I am in the process of making a Korean Barbecue Dish
    It consists of Chicken Thighs Marinated for a few hours then onto the grill

    The thighs I bought, had a bone in them
    So I removed it. Of course I cant throw anything away, so I threw the 3 little bones into a pot with some Vegeta Powdered Stock and about a litre of water
    Brought to the boil and simmered for about 20 minutes

    Meanwhile,  using what I had in the fridge and freezer, I chopped an onion, 2 sticks of celery
    Added them to the pot. In the freezer, I always have Frozen Corn and Peas
    Grabbed a good handful of them both
    I also have in the pantry, Asian Egg Noodles

    I popped the corn in with the onions and celery, simmered them for about 15 minutes.
    Throw in one little nest of Egg Noodles
    Bring back to the boil
    Swirl them around with a fork to separate
    Simmer for 3 minutes
    And at the last moment a good handful of frozen peas

    Another couple of minutes so that the peas are just cooked

    Tip into the bowl and serve
    Lunch is served



    No comments: