Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 14, 2018

    The Best Gluten Free Banana Cake-So Light and Moist

    I have just made a gluten free banana cake
    It is superb, I’m so impressed 
    It’s light and moist. Yummo

    My experience with Gluten Free, is not always great but this recipe...Wow
    Perfect for lunch. Soup of course as it is a ghastly day here in Auckland
    One of my Granddaughters is not good with wheat. 
    We usually bake with Spelt flour.
    I'd run out and its not easy to find so, instead, I bought Edmonds Gluten Free Self Raising Flour 
    On the packet there is a recipe for Banana cake
    In the fruit bowl , there were some well ripened bananas
    So I thought I'd whip one up

    What a find, I will definitely make this again
    Its a one pot wonder as well
    Delightful
     

    125g butter cubed
    3/4 Cup brown sugar firmly packed 
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 Cup mashed bananas (2 large ripe bananas)
    1 egg , lightly beaten 
    2 1/2 tablespoons milk
    1 1/2 Edmonds Gluten Free self raising flour 

     
    Pre-heat oven to 170C conventional...150C fan
    Grease and line a 20cm square tin

    Put butter, sugar and vanilla into a medium saucepan
    Stir over moderate heat till melted
    Remove from heat 

    Stir bananas into mix
    Add egg, flour and milk

    Pour mixture into prepared cake tin, smooth surface
    Bake for 30 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean
    Cool in tin for 10 minutes

    I iced it with an orange butter icing 
    1 Cup icing sugar
    2 Large tablespoons butter
    Zest of a medium orange and juice of half of it


    Mix the butter and Icing sugar then 

    add juice till you get a spreading consistency

    Ice your cake, you wont be disappointed

    No comments: