Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, February 23, 2019

    In the 90s, a book that was on everyone must read list, was called "Fried Green Tomatoes at The Whistle Stop Cafe" by Fannie Flagg
    The thought of Fried Green Tomatoes fascinated me. I thought they meant unripe tomatoes
    but as my food knowledge grew, I understood that they are a special breed of Tomato
    Now in New Zealand, as all over the world we can now access almost every food available...
    and YES we can buy Green Tomatoes
    Found some at the local shop and decided to make these little delights
    Can’t get much easier
    Slice the tomatoes
    Dip in seasoned flour

    Dip in beaten egg

    Finally into breadcrumbs
    Set aside In the fridge to settle and when ready
    Just fry in mix of butter and olive oil
    Fry in batches. Don’t overcrowd the pan

    Delicious with the leg of lamb we cooked this evening


    Sent from my iPad

    No comments: