Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 25, 2020

    Winters Here - Soup's Up

    I love making soup, just such an excellent way to boost your vege intake all in one bowl
    So nourishing and tasty... It has to be good for you
    In the fridge, we had what is considered to be winter vege but actually these days, they are available 
    all year around
    I was lacking in any stock, so I chopped up some salami and used that for the extra flavour
    Look at those Brussels Sprouts, I love them and to think I hated them when I was a kid
    2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and 30 gms butter
    8-10 slices of Pepperoni Salami chopped
    1 Onion peeled and chopped
    1/2 Cauliflower chopped
    1/2 head Broccoli chopped
    4 Brussels Sprouts sliced
    Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
    Water

    In a pot add the oil and butter
    Melt

    Add the salami
    Saute for a few minutes
    Add the onion just a few more minutes
    Then the rest of the vege
    Saute till they soften and are well tossed in the oil
    Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

    Add enough water to cover
    Bring to boil and simmer till soft about 30-40 minutes
    Remove from heat
    Into Blender
    AND just like that...Lunch is ready 
    Enjoy








    No comments: