Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 18, 2008

    Summer Healthy Burgers

    Just a quick post but a really yummy burger I just had to share.
    You could say an oldie but a goodie.
    Thought I would work on lower calorie food for a minute…only a minute though!!!
    It’s still right in the middle of summer and this burger would sit well on the BBQ but I used my $9 ridged cast iron grill that I bought from the Warehouse a few years back.

    So for the 2 of us
    2 baking potatoes
    Butter
    Chives
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

    Pop these potatoes into180C oven…they should take about 1 hour.


    Grab some nice hamburger mince about 250 gms
    2 knobs blue cheese
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

    Let the mince come to room temperature
    Season well
    Give it good knead in the bowl
    Form in your hand…make a hole in the middle
    Pop in the blue cheese
    Seal up the edges slap the burger back and forth in your hands...just for a little extra kneading it does help to tenderize the meat.
    Form a nice patty

    Set in onto a very hot grill
    Should take about 4-5 minutes each side

    Meanwhile the mushrooms will take 10 minutes in the oven

    4 large Portobello mushrooms
    Garlic powder
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Chili flakes
    Olive oil


    Oil a baking tray
    Lay on mushrooms
    Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, chili and garlic powder

    I just put them in during the last 10 minutes of the potatoes

    To serve

    One mushroom on the bottom
    Hamburger
    Nice thick slice of tomato S & P
    Mushroom on top

    Split the potatoes
    Knob of butter
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Few chives chopped on the top

    How about that for a healthy dinner

    And to top off such a tasty "Good for you meal"
    My nice husband brought me in a wonderful, juicy, perfumed white peach...just at their peak
    He even sliced it for me.
    Lucky me.

    4 comments:

    FH said...

    My kids would gobble those Burgers in a minute!:D

    Looks delcious and Peaches are juicy.

    Anonymous said...

    This post makes me long for summer, maybe I'll pull out my grill pan and pretend too...

    Anonymous said...

    This post makes me long for summer, maybe I'll pull out my grill pan and pretend too...

    So So Simple said...

    Asha so simple! we still have more weeks of this summer produce. Really exciting.

    charcuterista
    Thank god for grill pans just close you eyes and pretend its summer