Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 21, 2019

    Meatball Stroganoff - Another Fun Way with Mince

    When I was a newly married person, I really hadn't cooked a lot
    Just the baking in the school holiday
    You know...bake a batch of Fairy Cakes and eat the lot,
    My Mother was not too happy having me around her feet
    So when at the tender of age of 19, I was on my own 2 feet (so to speak)
    I did find that I had a love of cooking...and really enjoyed being in the kitchen
    I branched out and made Beef Stroganoff, I was so impressed with myself
    In the Best Recipes Website, they had a recipe for Meatball Stroganoff
    Once again there was mince in the fridge so off we went

    As this post is not as colourful as most... I thought this photo of some fresh Chilies and Parsley from the garden is a welcome relief. 
    No chilies in this dish but they look so pretty, I had to share
    500g beef mince
    1 egg
    1 cup dried breadcrumbs
     2 tbs tomato paste
    1 pinch seasoning
    1 tbs oil
    2 tbs butter
    2 onion sliced
    1 tsp garlic minced
    250g mushrooms chopped
    2 tbs plain flour
    2 cup chicken stock (liquid)
    1/4 cup sour cream
    2 tsp chopped parsley

    Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs, tomato paste and salt and pepper to taste.
    Form into meatballs
    Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan and
    cook meatballs until browned and cooked through.
    Remove from pan.
    Chop mushrooms
    In same pan, heat remaining butter and saute onion,

    garlic and mushrooms until soft.
    Stir in flour.
    Remove from heat and gradually stir in stock.
    Heat until mixture thickens.
    Return meatballs to pan and stir until heated through.
     Stir in sour cream and parsley.
    Serve with cooked pasta or rice.



    No comments: