Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 25, 2023

    Stuffed Capsicums or Stuffed Peppers Whatever you like to call them

    I have been having some very unusual dreams recently and this recipe came to me in a dream

    Obviously my shopping trip yesterday was stuck in my brain, when I went to 

    sleep, wondering what I would do with the food I bought

    In my dream I devised this recipe...I had gone quite mad on the amount of vegetables in my trolley and the vegetable bin was full... so I thought, how about

    Stuffed peppers


    I used potatoes mashed with shallots parsley and cooked chilli prawns for the stuffing and they were very very tasty

    I baked in the oven with grated cheese on top

    What a delicious dinner 


    So, you need

    2 medium potatoes

    A little milk

    Butter

     

    Prawns in chili sauce - I had 12  already prepared from the market



    Parsley 1 Tablespoon finely chopped

    1 Shallot peeled and finely chopped

    1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper cut in half and remove seeds 

    Grated cheese



    Peel and cook the potatoes till fork tender, 

    Drain and mash with a little milk and large knob of butter


    Put a little oil in a medium heated pan and drop the prawns in and cook for about

    4-5 minutes

    Remove from pan … chop, add to potatoes 

    Then add the chopped shallot and the parsley 

    Season with some freshly ground black pepper

    Mix well


    Line a tin with baking paper


    Cut the capsicums in half

    Stuff the  pepper halves with this mix

    Sprinkle with the grated cheese


    You can do this earlier in the day and refrigerate till you are ready to cook


    Heat oven to 180C

    Bake for 20-30 mins 


    Remove from oven and devour 

    Delicious...enough for 2 people or 2 meals for one




     

    No comments: