Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 12, 2007

    Morning Tea Muffins

    Anali from Anali’sFirstAmendment got excited about zucchini muffins and consequently got me excited. Read about it here
    I was thinking about them overnight but I had to change her recipe as I wanted to use ingredients I had on hand. No going to the shops early in the morning for me
    Here is my recipe and I have to say I am really thrilled with it.
    I have just eaten 2 of them warm from the oven…how greedy is that?
    Breakfast and morning tea combined.

    Makes 12 regular size

    1/3 cup sugar
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 ½ cups plain flour


    1 cup grated zucchini
    1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled

    2 eggs
    ¾ cup milk
    ½ cup rice bran oil


    Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl
    Add zucchini and feta cheese and mix around to coat them
    Meanwhile beat all wet ingredients
    Add to dry.

    Just stir to mix
    Pour into greased muffin tins
    Bake at 175C for about 30 minutes

    Look at the crumb doesn’t that look good
    Delicious.

    2 comments:

    Lisa Johnson said...

    The soup looks wonderful! We seem to be having another cool stretch here, so I may just break down and make some soup if it doesn't get hot soon!

    And the muffins look fabulous! I love the new name that you gave them. They sound so cool! And I've never used rice bran oil, but that must add a nice flavor. I love feta cheese, but would have never thought of using it! And I love the lobster towel! Great post! Thank you for the mention! : )

    So So Simple said...

    Anali
    I am right into Rice Bran oil. It is an excellent vege oil full of goodies lacking in bad things.
    Thanks for the idea of the muffins they were a raging success at work.