Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 19, 2007

    Soup and Scone Lunch.

    It is a rotten day here today and the forecast is for a raging storm.

    This is when I am really pleased that I know longer have to go into work 5 days a week.
    It is very cosy here in my office.
    My Mother wasn’t Jewish she was born in Wales but she made excellent Chicken Soup.
    Today is the perfect day for Grandma’s Chicken Soup.

    I really love the scone recipe that originated from Jo Seagar.
    I have made several adaptations and another one has emerged today.
    I formed the dough into a cake. It looks great…very nice presentation.

    Pesto Scone Cake

    This would feed 4 people

    2 cups self raising flour
    ½ teaspoon salt
    120 gms sour cream
    75 gms store bought pesto
    Soda water

    Heat oven to 205C
    Sift flour and salt into big bowl
    In a measuring jug place sour cream and pesto
    Top up to 350 mls with soda water.
    Add wet ingredients to flour
    Mix with a knife to make a soft dough.

    On a floured board pat into a circle
    Score the top into 8 pieces

    Bake about 20 minutes in the hot oven

    Serve with your favourite soup





    No comments: