Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 11, 2008

    Chicken with Roast Cauliflower and Onions

    A quick dinner I made the other night. So good it’s a keeper.
    My husband won’t eat chicken so I buy a leg for me and cook fish for him

    Everyone’s happy. I love this cut of the chicken Picking food off the bones is in my mind one of life’s great treats. He doesn’t get it at all...but there ya go.
    I sauté the fish in the same pan so he gets all the yummy flavours.

    1 Chicken Maryland per person
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 onion peeled and cut into thick slices
    1/2 cauliflower cut into florets.

    Olive oil
    Piri piri seasoning

    Filet of Fish (I used Gurnard) seasoned with sea salt and pepper

    Big handful rocket
    Colonna Lemon infused oil (optional)

    Season chicken with S & P
    Hot pan with a tablespoon of olive oil
    Skin side cook about 2 minutes to start good colour
    Remove chicken

    Toss onions and cauliflower in 2 tablespoons olive oil
    Place onions slices in pan
    Sit chicken on top and surround with cauliflower
    Sprinkle with Piri piri seasoning

    Into 200C oven it will take about 30 minutes
    Remove Chicken and vege
    Toss in a little more oil and quickly fry the fish
    Meanwhile toss the vege together with rocket drizzle with Colonna Lemon Oil
    Pile onto the plate and serve with Boiled Jersey Bennes,
    Summer delight.
    And for the non chicken eater.

    No comments: