Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, December 11, 2010

    All Homemade Bloody Marys

    It's Christmas and it's also preparation time for the Summer Holidays...Inspired by Alton Brown on Food TV, I am making Tomato Infused Vodka, to make Bloody Marys. Also a fresh Tomato Juice to serve with it. This is so simple and I think it is going to be fantastic.
    Beware of the Humble Habenero Tabasco.It is HOT but delicious.
    So for 3  x 1 litres jars.
    I bought 1700 mls of Vodka, doesn't have to be the very flash stuff.
    But please no kerosene!
    1 kg of fresh red tomatoes
    Cut into 8 and place in the 3 jars
    Top up with the Vodka and leave for at least a week.
    Shake once a day.
    And he showed how to make the Tomato Juice to go with it.
    Quick as flash
    But a warning
    I used the Habanero Tabasco, I think 1 teaspoon of that would be enough
    It's pretty fiery. So I had to put in a spoonful of sugar to help balance the heat.
    Next time I will get the normal Tabasco.
    I will post again when it is all complete.


    Just put into the blender 
    800 gms Cherry Tomatoes
    2 teaspoons Tabasco
    3 teaspoons lemon juice
    2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
    1/2 tsp Sea salt

    Blend for 1 1/2 minutes.
    It will store in the fridge for up to a month.
    I actually made my juice into ice blocks
    and will make a new batch... Not quite so hot
    I can see Great bloody Marys next week.
    Maybe Christmas morning. Yum
    Christmas is so much fun.

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Wow, that's a lot of bloody marys! I don't think I've ever tried one but I'd know where to come now...

    So So Simple said...

    It will quite a few Sarah I cant wait till I strain that Vodka.