Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 02, 2009

    Paris - A Bit o' Culture - Musee D'orsay

    Tuesday
    Off to Le Metro again, Café Noir for me, 4.50 euro bit steep, but I took advantage of their internet. Gotta get the blog underway.

    The Maubert Market was open

    It is just across the road. It looked interesting. I bought a blinghy, pearly watch for 5 Euros.
    Wandered around. The fishmongers had wonderful supplies. Lovely shiny fish, lots of shell fish. Would have loved to shop, but we had things to do.




    The meat looked good too

    Got some fruit, forgot every thing I read about dealing with stall owners. He gave me mushy fruit and the bits we salvaged were tasteless.

    That of course could have been the product. Probably imported! It is early summer after all. I have watched the food Channel for years and should have heeded advice given then Pick your own fruit. I am so obviously a foreigner and he really didn’t care. So hopefully won’t do that again.
    The plan was to visit the Musee d’Orsay. Originally we were going to do Le Louvre. For a revisit (Been there 40 years ago and on our last visit in 1985, we did Musee d’Orangerie) Cees Wessels suggested we tried L’Orsay.
    When you only have a few days you need to spread yourself around these Museums.
    Arranged to meet John and JT at the Museum...we popped on the Metro. Just across the road (how handy is that?)
    Got a shot of this Busker, the reason I mention him, he was on the train the next day as well and I heard him speak. A bloody Aussie no less.
    Of course there was a queue and John drew the short straw. It was raining of course, but hey, he had an umbrella. We stood under cover and waited.



    A beautiful Museum.
    Wonderful art. For some reason I missed the Rodin sculptures. Housed in this ground floor gallery.

    I believe we saw them 40 years ago in the Rodin Museum, but they could have done with a revisit. I think lunch got in the way.
    Anyway that was a good choice,

    I believe we saw them 40 years ago in the Rodin Museum, but they could have done with a revisit. I think lunch got in the way.
    Anyway that was a good choice,



    The restaurant was stunning. Not only beautiful to look at, but the food are picture as well!!!

    I had the Pigeon and Foie Gras Terrine,

    JT, the Bresaola Salad.

    Dale, Roasted Sea Bass with Gnocchi. John, something Gluten Free.

    A real treat for us all. Wouldn't it be superb, if our local attractions could take a page out of this book...well, I know that is a bit silly but maybe just a sentence out of their book would do!
    Talking about silly.
    Fantastic view across the city to Sacre Coeur. Isn’t that beautiful?
    So 4 tired people went back to respective abodes and had a rest ready for the evening onslaught.

    John and JT came over our way again and we wandered over the bridge to Notre Dame. Had wine in a little bar took lots of photos …then back to the Latin Quarter for dinner.




    Found a cute little restaurant. Poulet Roti pour moi, aussi pour John, JT Tarragon chicken and Tuna for Dale. Excellent
    It seems that homeless people love our area as well.

    No comments: