Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, November 22, 2011

    Salmon at its Best-Roast Quickly

    I saw Mark Sargeant cook this Carppacio of Salmon on Food TV yesterday.
    With Christmas coming up, I am always looking for exciting ways to cook Salmon.
    We only get farmed Salmon here in New Zealand shops.
    (You can get Wild Salmon, but you have to hunt it.)
    I actually bought this filet at the supermarket.
    On Christmas Day, we are going to stay at Riverside Matakana...family en masse.
    We don't have an oven, just hobs and BBQs.
    You could do this recipe on the BBQ as long it has a lid, so you can get a really good hot temperature.
    This is so fabulous. I am drooling.

    You need boned and skinned filet of Salmon.
    I butterflied this piece, to get the salmon nice and thin.
    Pre heat 205C
    Line a baking sheet with baking paper
    add 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Grate the zest of 1/2  large lemon
    Add salmon
    Oil, season and add the rest of the lemon zest
    Pop into the oven
    Just 6 minutes
    Remove from oven and onto a serving dish
    I just chopped a few chives over the top
    Sorry not very Chefy looking but I'm not a Chef.
    It is moist, tasty, DELICIOUS.
    Roll on Christmas Day.
    I am having problems, keeping my greedy hands off it.
    We shall have it for dinner, with some Couscous I think.
    Can't wait.

    No comments: